Education Program and Office Administrator – PART TIME POSITION
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled, organised and reliable person to join shake & stir theatre co as the Education Program and Office Administrator.
Purpose of the Position
The Education Program and Office Administrator will report to the Youth Engagement Manager. You will be responsible for managing shake & stir’s office and assisting in planning and administering the company’s varied youth engagement and education opportunities including but not limited to its after-school drama program, holiday workshops and the Queensland Youth Shakespeare Festival.
Hours of Work
The position is initially a one-year (part time) opportunity with the opportunity to extend. The usual hours of work are 1.30pm – 5.30pm Monday to Friday however, due to the unique requirements of this position, hours may change and you may be expected to work outside of usual hours or additional hours.
The position is based out of the shake & stir theatre co office located in Fortitude Valley, Q, 4006.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a first point of contact – answer the company’s phone lines, pass on voice messages and always being prepared to provide information to callers on what the company offers across all departments
- Monitor, respond to and forward the company’s general emails
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and any other data as required
- Undertake a variety of general administrative tasks as required
- Answer all after-school drama program related questions via phone and or email from all key stakeholders including parents/guardians and shake & stir instructors
- Assist with the planning, marketing and logistics for all youth engagement opportunities offered by the company including after-school and holiday programs
- Assist with the planning, marketing and logistics for Queensland Youth Shakespeare Festival
- Assist with the collection of fees associated with any youth engagement opportunity
- Assist colleagues across all departments whenever necessary
- Keep stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Assist with opening nights, VIP or special event functions and associated activities
Please note: This job description describes the broad scope of the role and is not an exhaustive list. It may change from time to time (with due consultation) in response to the changing needs of the business.
Key Selection Criteria
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Passion for performing arts / live theatre / youth arts
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task under time constraints with flexibility to take feedback and change direction positively
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite
To apply for this position, please prepare the following and email to email@example.com
- CV and a cover letter briefly outlining your experience and how your skills make you a suitable candidate for the position
- Responses to the key selection criteria, found below. Applications will not be considered if they do not sufficiently address the criteria.